2021 URA Cohort Applications
The application window for the Undergraduate Research Academy of Summer 2021 is now closed.
Check back in December for information about the next application cycle!
The Undergraduate Research Academy encourages students to expand their education beyond the classroom through participation in research and creative projects mentored by UCCS faculty. The Academy objective is to support collaborative efforts between the student and faculty member, where both members benefit from the experience. Academy students act as research assistants on meaningful projects identified by their faculty mentor. The faculty member is responsible for providing significant and meaningful guidance and mentorship.
Awards cover budget requests for student pay, project related supplies, travel, and a faculty honorarium. This call is meant to support summer research conducted between June-August 2021. Although the dates of the research internship are flexible, students are expected to dedicate ~200 hours towards research over the summer. Students must attend the Welcome and URA 101 meeting in May and all summer workshops held during in June and July. Please see attached materials for application instructions and student workshop dates.
- Student applicant must be a junior or senior standing in summer 2021
- An overall grade point average of 3.5 or above
- Project and faculty mentor identified
- Previous URA mentees in good standing are eligible to reapply, however, preference will be given to student and faculty pairs that have not previously received funding from the Undergraduate Research Academy
- Mentors must be tenure-track, tenured or research appointment faculty
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org